Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Announcement

After some soul-searching and research, I’ve decided that the time has come to take my game to the next level.  My strategy thus far has been an attempt to drive a bottom-up understanding of a new economic theory that might eventually drag economists along, kicking and screaming.  It’s impossible to say whether I’m having any effect but, if I am, it may take a thousand years to achieve the desired results.  What’s really needed is an intravenous injection of this theory into the body of economics. 

I’ve begun working on a white paper which I plan to submit for pulication in one of the many academic economics journals.  The vast majority of articles published in such journals are written by Phd economists, but I’ve been encouraged to submit such a paper and, upon examining some of these journals on-line (the ones that allow the user to view a free sample), I’ve concluded that it’s worth a shot at finding one that will consider a submission from “an independent researcher.” 

It’s going to take a bit of work – not a simple “copy and paste” of a condensed version of the book.  It needs to be presented in a much more scholarly format.  I’m letting you know this, faithful readers, because it means that I won’t be able to post or reply to comments on this blog at the same rate as in the past, for a little while at least.  I’ll still post commentary on major economic developments, perhaps once a week or so, and will still read all of the comments, but may not have enough time to reply as much as I’d like. 

I’ll keep you posted on my progress.  My understanding is that many of these journals do not accept simultaneous submissions, which means that instead of “shot-gunning” copies to all of them at once, hoping to score a hit with one of them, I may have to submit to them one at a time, awaiting acceptance or rejection before moving on to the next. 

Even if this effort is ultimately a failure and no one agrees to publish, it may not be in vain, since someone at each journal must read the paper in order to pass judgment.  Like planting seeds behind a fence, just because you can’t see what happens next doesn’t mean that it hasn’t borne fruit. 

Beyond this white paper effort, I’m also contemplating a 2nd edition of Five Short Blasts or, perhaps, a new book altogether.  I’d like to keep this theory out there, available in a book that’s fresh and relevant with up-to-date data. 

Again, I’ll keep you posted.  Wish me luck.

[Via http://petemurphy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment